Re: Tor conection problem

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 12:56:13AM -0500, apostle@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 7.3K bytes in 204 lines about:
: Using JBN2-mod-2005-08-17 (the latest Panta mod) to post a message using the
: smtp server at rjgcfnw4sd2jaqfu.onion

<snip>
: Remote Name :           rjgcfnw4sd2jaqfu.onion.peculiar.homeip.net

	It appears neither QS nor JNB2 are resolving addresses through
	the Tor proxy.  Therefore, your local machine is appending
	peculiar.homeip.net to the request because it probably gets a
	SERVFAIL on the .onion tld.
:
: 220 remailer-debian.panta-rhei.eu.org ESMTP Postfix

	Even better is that this should reply with the .onion address,
	not give away its fqdn.

	I don't know what JNB2 and QS are, nor have I used them.  Tor
	0.1.1.7-alpha will handle SOCK5 name resolution correctly if the
	requesting application supports it.
--
Andrew