Re: tor on Solaris

Well, your open files setting is a bit low, but that doesn't correspond
to the error message you got. Do you have any idea how big your Tor
process(es) had grown before it died? Try again with >= 1024 open files
allowed.

Funny. After "ulimit -n 1024" tor simply refuses to start ...

[daemon.warning] Warning from libevent: ioctl: DP_POLL: Invalid argument
[daemon.error] do_main_loop(): libevent poll with devpoll failed: Invalid argument [22]

decreasing the value to 512 gives me another error

[daemon.warning] set_max_file_descriptors(): We need 1024 file descriptors available, and we're limited to 512. Please change your ulimit -n.
[daemon.error] init_from_config(): Acting on config options left us in a broken state. Dying.

Using the default it at least seems to start and run for a couple of days. Until over 600M of real memory and over 850M of swap are "gone".

Cheers,

-Wim

MSN Search, for accurate results! http://search.msn.nl