Tor and Putty

I'm using a combination of Firefox>Privoxy>Putty>Tor>SSH
Server>Internet, in order to access web-pages securely which I otherwise
wouldn't be able to because they don't have SSL (like google).

The problem is that sometimes Putty is being bypassed completely and I
end up connecting to the destination URL from the Tor exit node.  Other
times I connect to the SSH server via Tor, and from there to the
destination URL, which is how it SHOULD work, but doesn't always.

I've tried shutting down Putty, starting it again, switching off my PC
and starting again.  It's completely hit-and-miss as to whether it works
or not.  Is anyone experiencing similar problems?

--

  mw_prev1@xxxxxxxxxxx