Re: TOR in Java?

Oliver S. wrote:
> I think that TOR-servers don't need to be that performant as their
> usage is currently and will in future be very uncommon.

You obviously never ran any reasonably busy Tor server.  Java is way
too slow and memory hogging for this kind of thing.

And as for the buffer overflows, all the nasty crypto stuff that most
CPU time is spent upon is implemented in the Java runtime in... you
can guess. ;)

It's some kind of stupid myth that Java will save you from all
security problems.  Please don't spread it.  Security problems are
caused by sloppy programmers, nothing else.