Easy Installer for TOR

Hey guys,

I recently installed TOR and was rather impressed by how several pieces of software work together (privoxy, firefox, TOR, the little firefox plugin for proxy configuration). I was wondering, however, if it was possible to have a "meta-installer" check versions, fetch all the various components, and configure them on the fly. This same installer could then also function as an auto-updater for all installed softwares.

I know there's a contest going on to come up with a GUI, but I think this installer is equally important.

I know the OSX installer includes privoxy, configured. Why not the windows version?

As much as I'd like to see everyone be AWARE of how this stuff works, most of the people I know are more interested in the end result.

-Dan

--

"Why are you wearing TWO grounding straps?"

-John Evans, Ezzi Computers August 23, 2001

--------Dan Mahoney-------- Techie, Sysadmin, WebGeek Gushi on efnet/undernet IRC ICQ: 13735144 AIM: LarpGM Site: http://www.gushi.org ---------------------------