Re: Wrongly configured Squid @ kaneda.ced.homedns.org & 404's

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:05:29PM +0300, maillist wrote:
> Btw, that squid is running on router "ced".
>
> >Got this, wrongly configured Squid proxy I presume...

Great, I've sent the operator of ced a mail. We'll hopefully clear this
up shortly. If anybody notices other cases like this, please let us know.

> >Also number of 404's is still rising... Sometimes browsing web I
> >impossible
> >because privoxy just gives 404 error...

I use the the 0.1.1.x branch, and I get no 404's. (I made some
improvements in when it retries from a different exit.) So you might
try that.

Geoff Goodell just convinced me yesterday that I should be even more
thorough about retrying, to tolerate crummy Tor exit servers, so hopefully
the next release of the Tor alpha branch will be even better.

--Roger