Re: best way to recover from bad circuit

Thus spake Jay Goodman Tamboli (jay@xxxxxxxxxx):

> I've noticed more and more 404 No such Domain errors, and I was
> wondering if there's a best way to resolve these. I've found that if I
> leave Tor long enough, it'll set up a new circuit, and (usually)
> that'll fix it. Alternatively, I can stop and restart Tor, and that
> will fix it immediately. I worry, though, that restarting it
> introduces some kind of overhead or load on the network that should be
> avoided. Is there a better way to get it to establish a new circuit,
> or a better way to resolve this problem? I'm on Mac OS X if it
> matters. Thanks,

Are you running the latest alpha Tor? Roger recommended this to me the
last time I was bitching about it, and it actually seems to be working
well. I still do get the rare "404" (about once every couple days -
vast improvement), but when I do, simply mashing "reload" fixes the
problem, unlike before.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist