Re: Confused about Tor settings

The configuration that Torbutton sets is perfectly fine.

From: http://freehaven.net/~squires/torbutton/

"Newer Firefoxes have the ability to send DNS resolves through the socks
proxy, and Torbutton will make use of this feature if it is available in
your version of Firefox."

The tor configuration help page doesn't take this into account. I would
imagine that 1.5.0.6 is new enough to have this feature, but you may
want to update to 1.5.0.7 to be on the safe side (a good idea anyway).