Re: forcing tor to build a new circuit [was: tor and its speed]

tor supports a control command: "signal newnym"
---
     NEWNYM    -- Switch to clean circuits, so new application requests
                  don't share any circuits with old ones.

  The server responds with "250 OK" if the signal is recognized (or simply
  closes the socket if it was asked to close immediately), or "552
---

the following utilities (among other tools) can talk to the tor control port:
.../contrib/TorControl.py
.../contrib/torctl
[these may or may not be included in a binary distribution under
various locations]

best regards,