Re: Maone wrote: "Today's lesson is: if you want to stay anonymous, you'd better turn off Java, Flash and any other plugin!"

Kyle Williams wrote:

> On 9/27/07, *Benjamin Schieder* <blindcoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:blindcoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 27.09.2007 10:32:51, Marco Bonetti wrote:
>     > hi all,
>     > I've just read a couple of interesting blog posts which I like to
>     share
>     > with you. Nothing really new, but they denote a growing interest
>     in the
>     > deanonymizing tor field.
>     >
>     > ha.ckers original post:
>     >
>     http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20070926/de-anonymizing-tor-and-detecting-proxies/
>     <http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20070926/de-anonymizing-tor-and-detecting-proxies/>
>     > Maone followup:
>     > http://hackademix.net/2007/09/26/cross-browser-proxy-unmasking/
>
>     And that is exactly why you use Tor's TransPort to route all traffic
>     that
>     is not already Tor traffic through Tor.
>     Happy guessing where I'm from :-)
>

>     Greetings,
>             Benjamin
>     --
>     The Nethack IdleRPG! Idle to your favorite Nethack messages!
>     http://pallas.crash-override.net/nethackidle/
>

> PDFs are another example that will leak your real IP address.
>
> An example of this can be found here.   http://www.janusvm.com/goldy/pdf/

I opened it in Foxit Reader at 1:00am Pacific Time (on Sep 30), after
saving it to my desktop. I also opened it an hour ago, but in-browser
(on accident). My IP is 76.28.208.179.

I expect that the first access will show up, but not the second.

--Robert