Re: Torbutton 1.1.8-alpha (Usability improvements)

Could you please also make it compatible with Thunderbird ?

Torbutton 1.4 installs (and works) fine with Thunderbird after editing the config file in the xpi package to allow Thunderbird to install it.

I suppose it should works as well with the new version ?

Thanks.

Mike Perry a écrit :
This is the 1.1.8 alpha release of the Torbutton Firefox extension. It
features significant usability and compatibility enhancements. However,
it is still alpha software, so it may have some rough edges. If you
notice issues or have usability complaints, now is the time to speak up
while things are still easy to change. Please be specific.
I have made a good effort to anticipate common usability complaints for
this release from the feedback I have so far received, but I am not
omniscient. Eventually, this Torbutton will be backported to the stable
Tor release, so if you do not speak up soon, you will be perpetually
suffering in silence and will be stuck uninstalling the extension every
time you upgrade Tor (and leaving yourself vulnerable to numerous
anonymity-compromising vulnerabilities in the process).

See http://torbutton.torproject.org/dev for more information.

Changes in 1.1.8
* bugfix: bug 510: Decouple cookie clearing from Clear Private Data settings
  * bugfix: bug 474: Decouple password+form saving from history writing
* bugfix: bug 460: Rework handling of hooking based on global events+window lookup
  * bugfix: Hooking fixes for pages with nested frames/iframes
  * bugfix: Cookies are now properly synced before storing into a jar
  * misc: Tightened up the alerts a bit more for the javascript hooking
  * misc: Changed defaults to be less intrusive to non-tor usage
  * new: Added options to start in Tor and reload cookies after browser crash
  * new: Added ability to have both Tor and Non-Tor cookie jars

http://torbutton.torproject.org/dev/releases/torbutton-1.1.8-alpha.xpi
MD5: 39ce0dc3f6b20f79042aad2397baafb4