Re: how much does opera leak?

To answer my own qusetion, Privoxy does npt prevent the dns leak, according to one of the comments below:

http://archetwist.com/en/opera/operator?page=2

<snip>

This does not solve the problem! I logged all packets with wireshark and still got plain DNS requests. I tried setting up privoxy with opera again, but I still got DNS leaks. I found out that the problem is not Polipo or Privoxy, it's Opera itself because Opera doesn't support SOCKS proxy! Thus Opera always has to do DNS requests itself.

See here: http://www.opera.com/…ch/view/194/

<snip>