Re: IRC problems with Tor

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 15:50:35 David J. Bianco wrote:
> The idea is that you then configure your IRC client to use 10.40.40.40
> (or whatever IP you chose) as the server's IP address.  From your
> description, I couldn't tell if you had also done that or not.  If not,
> that's probably the reason it's not working.

OK, so I did that. Replaced irc.freenode.net with 10.40.40.40 but then I get a
lost connection message and it still doesn't connect

I then stopped privoxy and tor, removed them from the boot service,
reconfigured KDE to use direct internet connection and rebooted my computer.
After login, I setup my IRC client to use the old irc.freenode.net address
instead of 10.40.40.40 and restarted the client. But again, freenode is
thinking I'm still using tor and refuses to give me access. This is a bit
strange to me as neither tor nor privoxy are working at the moment. Why does
freenode still says I'm using tor?

Also, I went to the Tor detector ( https://check.torproject.org/ ) and
eventhough both tor and privoxy are disabled, it still says I'm using tor,
but it does show my original IP, not a torified one

--
Regards

http://h264enc.sourceforge.net