Re: German data rentention law

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 06:03:51AM CET, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> There are still people in Germany who run high profile Tor relays and
> who say they will not log.

Just for their (and your) information: the maximum possible penality
for non-compliance is 500,000 EUR plus the fees of the law suit.

I really appreciate Tor and I also appreciate people to stand up for
Tor. But keeping Tor running without logging after January 1st and not
being filthy rich *and* having having a tons of lawyers in your kitchen
will IMHO be similar to suicide.

There got to be another alternative - and I don't refer to logging.

-- Lexi

--
Vymw.-Yczfna. Wqxy Myaqcyvyd, Wqinuqnqyki zhqn YT-Dykiqniqyt
Neha: IK 8325, Ifqwvqnwycdtn. 3, Dyqsqc, Tqw: +49-271-740-2408