Re: Slightly OT: where to get Crypto HW stuff for Sparc/Solaris?

Thomas.Hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009 schrieben Sie:
>
> Hello Wyllys and all other Solaris freaks. This thread is very
> interesting to me. I have some older Suns at home (E450, V480) and
> playing around with tor on Solaris. But I never saw a crypto hardware
> accelerator card for Sparc engines at Ebay or anywhere else. I would
> like to test this stuff. Anybody here who can give me a hint where to
> get such a card that would fit in my Suns?
>
> Thomas

The SCA6000 card supports AES CTR mode, I may have said in a previous email
that it does not, but I checked and it *does*.    It is supported on the
V480, but I don't see the E450 listed on the supported platform list.

Here is the link on the Sun product site with the spec sheet.
http://www.sun.com/products/networking/sslaccel/suncryptoaccel6000/index.xml

I don't know if you can find these on Ebay or not.

(I'm not trying to push the product here)

-Wyllys