Re: AdvTor

Nick Mathewson wrote:
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Anon Mus
<my.green.lantern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM, <kalitnikoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone.

I found a fork (?) of tor software with GUI named Advanced Tor. I was
surprised of its features, but found just nothing about it in web,
though it has opened source placed in sf.net.

Have you people discussed it? Please give a link to discussion if yes.
Otherwise you are welcome (if it won`t break any or-talk rules),
especially I`d like to know if someone can get through the code to
check it for backdoors or something like that.

Description and source:
http://nemesis.te-home.net/Projects/AdvTor.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/advtor/

http://nemesis.te-home.net/Projects/AdvTor.html

When connecting to this site through Tor either I get a "disconnect" or a
weird message saying  I am connecting via a proxy which is changing my data.
 I have only once had an acutual web page to browse (right after it the
first post to OR-TAlk).

Is this a TOr problem (e.g. a ban by Tor exits) or a site problem?

Not sure what your trouble is here, but Tor doesn't ban sites.  I just
tried connecting there, and it worked fine for me.

yrs,
Well, well, well.... suddenly the problem fixes "itself"... after 20+ disconnects and 10+ "You are using a proxy which is changing your data... refusing connection.." over the past 3 days.

Must be just another co-incidence ..funny though how it was still failing a minute prior to my post being written today. This must be similar to the DNS resolution problem (unable to resolve DNS and so failed page access) to webcrawler.com when using these servers as exits the last 4 weeks... (might be fixed now, but these are all in my exclude as exits list, so I wouldn't know).

spfTOR1,spfTOR2,gpfTOR1,gpfTOR2,Amunet1,Amunet2,Amunet3,Amunet4,Amunet5,Amunet6,Amunet7,Amunet8,Amunet9,Amunet10,Amunet11,Amunet12,blutmagie,blutmagie2,blutmagie3,blutmagie4