Announce: The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System 0.6

Hello,

The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, version 0.6, is out.

What is it?
===========

T(A)ILS is a Live system aimed at preserving your privacy and
anonymity:

- all outgoing connections to the Internet are forced to go through
  the Tor network;
- no trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitely asked.

    Homepage: https://amnesia.boum.org/

Get it, try it, share it!
=========================

Try it! [1] Any comments are most welcome. Please note you'll need to
install the CACert root certificate into your web browser before
connecting to our web site... unless you use Debian.

    [1] https://amnesia.boum.org/download/

What's new?
===========

Please note T(A)ILS released images are now signed using a new
OpenPGP key [2].

    [2] https://amnesia.boum.org/GnuPG_key/

Notable changes include:

- Tor 0.2.1.26
- Vidalia 0.2.10
- New Linux kernel (2.6.32) supports a lot more hardware.
- Newly supported wireless chipsets include RT2860, RTL8192,
  BCM4306/3, BCM4311, BCM4312, BCM4318.
- New bundled software: vector-based drawing (Inkscape), .po files
  editor (Poedit), Shamir's Secret Sharing (gfshare and ssss).
- New GnuPG package brings saner defaults and hkps:// support.
  It is now pre-configured to use a hkps:// server over Tor.
- Use (authenticated) HTP [3] instead of NTP. Tor and Vidalia are now
  started only once HTP is done. Desktop notifications explain what's
  happening.
- Warn the user when T(A)ILS is running inside a virtual machine.
- Add a Nautilus shortcut to securely erase free space in a partition.
- Preliminary Monkeysphere support: Iceweasel extension is installed,
  MSVA is configured to use a hkps:// keyserver.
- WhisperBack 1.3 lets the user optionally provide an email address
  and OpenPGP key.

A few bugs were fixed, including:

- IPv6 communication with the outside is now really forbidden.
- Torbutton 1.2.5-3 fixes the exposure of a rare User-Agent [4].
- Autostart Iceweasel with the GNOME session to workaround the
  "Iceweasel first page is not loaded" bug.
- The DNS cache now forgets automapped .onion's on Tor restart.

... and of course the usual bunch of software security updates.

See the online Changelog [5] for details.

    [3] https://amnesia.boum.org/contribute/design/HTP/
    [4] https://amnesia.boum.org/security/Iceweasel_exposes_a_rare_User-Agent/
    [5] http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.6

Were do we go from here?

This release is likely to be the last one to be based on Debian Lenny.
Further development will be based on the (to be released soon) next
Debian stable release: Squeeze.

Have a look to our roadmap [6] to learn more about our plans.

    [6] https://amnesia.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx>