Re: Hints and Tips for Whistleblowers - their comments on Tor and SSL - I don't understand.

On 10/27/2010 1:19 PM, Matthew wrote:

Hello,

There is a “Hints and Tips for Whistleblowers Guide” available at http://ht4w.co.uk/.

Thanks for the link.

-----How on earth can it be “mistaken” to insist on using https:// encryption?  Why would using https:// "betray the real IP addresses"?

Don't know the answer to most of your questions, but you raise some important ones.  I'm not sure how, even if records of some sites you mention are seized, they could trace directly back to you (a Tor user) - IF using it properly, because all the seized records would show is the exit node's address.  Am I correct on this, Tor gurus?