Re: [tor-talk] German police keylogger analysis (and the effects on Tor are....?)

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:39:12PM -0700, williamwrightman@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.1K bytes in 24 lines about:
: Keyloggers would, I assume, defeat the whole purpose of Tor since the URL would be recorded and sent to the fedz.

If you lose control over your local computer, tor cannot help you. If
the attacker can see every keystroke you enter, you've lost. I'm not
sure if this is true for onscreen keyboards as well.

If the German customs agents took your computer away from you at a
border, you should assume the worst case and no longer trust your OS nor
hardware. It's possible tails may help here, but depending upon hardware
vs. software (bios firmware) attacks, the computer may not be
trustworthy at all. If the bios is infected, tails cannot help.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B