Re: [tor-talk] keep session for more than 10 minutes

I too am looking for an answer to this. Using the vanilla Tor browser your identity changes (based on IP) automatically. While that enforced anonymity is good in many cases, sometimes it makes a site impossible to use. Personally for my Tor use I would like it ONLY to switch exit nodes when I hit the Use a New Identity button and on starting Vidalia.

I'm totally new and couldn't find a better solution than Snake Taste. Is it possible it's this:

*KeepalivePeriod* /NUM/

   To keep firewalls from expiring connections, send a padding
   keepalive cell every NUM seconds on open connections that are in
   use. If the connection has no open circuits, it will instead be
   closed after NUM seconds of idleness. (Default: 5 minutes)

Snake Taste wrote:
Hi,

I need to keep the vidalia/tor session with the same ip for more than 10 minutes, I edited torrc with:
MaxCircuitDirtiness 3600
But it keep on changing the ip, is this the right setting?

Thanks in advance