Re: [tor-talk] Review request: TorVM implementation in Qubes OS

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> adrelanos wrote (16 Oct 2012 18:28:19 GMT) :
>> UTC is fine. Afaik Tails, Liberte Linux and Whonix are using UTC.
>
> It looks like *displaying* UTC for everybody is a UX failure.
>
> What would be best, IMHO, is to have UTC as the system timezone,
> but display local time in the {GNOME,whatever} clock applet.
> I've not researched if/how this is possible in GNOME yet.

FWIW, Liberté uses UTC for /etc/localtime, but user-level timezone
(initially also UTC) can be customized via the custom “Language and
Time Zone” applet that sets user's TZ environment variable [1].

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte