Re: [tor-talk] Child pornography, anonymity and free speech

Laws are made for the criminals of society because those who wouldn't do criminal activity anyway do not need the laws, and indeed do not usually suffer them until the time comes that someone/s demonstrate a need for them.

So when people are doing things like spreading even animated child porn, and trying to say they're protected under the First Amendment, the First Amendment is in grave danger of being seen as outdated. Once enough people draw that kind of conclusion, it's only a matter of time before it's done away with or changed in order to control the criminals in society who would take advantage of our freedoms in order to hurt others.

And it's not that animated child porn has victims, it's that it encourages victimization of children just like porn encourages it's viewers to have sex. The only difference here is that when adults have sex because they're encouraged by porn, it remains victimless, but when an adult is encouraged by child porn to try and inspire the sexual curiosity of a child so that they might also have sex with them or at least commit to sexual actions, then victimization has occurred. I guess if you wanted to word this in legal terms, it would have to do with opposing the sexual corruption of children inspired by the sexual encouragement of adults looking at child porn, animated or otherwise.