Re: [tor-talk] what is the current flow control and congestion control mechanism of Tor?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:40:02 +0000, esolve esolve wrote:

> besides, do anybody has any idea on how is Tor's flow control mechanism
> interact with Firefox's application flow control ?

What application flow control? I don't think there is any place (in the
protocols above layer 3) where firefox would or could tell the other
side to go slower. Except possibly for SPDY.

In my experience browsers tend to be quite patient when it comes to
talking with proxies. My data point: Safari with proxy ssh-portwarded
out of a train with flaky mobile ip. Tor's default timeouts tend to
be too short for that situation.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."