[tor-talk] Hash Control Password OpenPGP Implementation

Can someone tell me what "16:" means as part of the hashed password
functions? This is an implementation of OpenPGP S2K and "16:" is close
to the spot where you would specify the s2k specifier for 0x03 being
Iterated and Salted, and 0x02 for the SHA1 hashing function. But since
the only hash supported for passwords is SHA1 and you're iterating no
matter what, it looks like, 16 may just be a check to differentiate
between a cookie and has no real purpose in the algorithm.

It's just really bugging me and I couldn't figure it out. :) Thanks.

I'm speaking in reference to section 5.1 of the control spec.
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/control-spec.txt

Source:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob?f=src/or/control.c#l1027

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob?f=src/common/crypto.c#l2829