Re: [tor-talk] Tor web browsing http connection establish procedures

jiang song <luolisongjiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> but with tor, my understanding and questions are:
>
>            DNS query :                    C -> TOR network -> exit node
> -> DNS server
>            DNS response:                DNS server -> exit node
>            at this moment, should the exit node return the DNS query to
> the Tor browser client?
>            and then of course, the client can't establish TCP connection
> with the webserver, it is the tor exit node who establishes the tcp
> connection with the webserver,
>            but will the client initiate the 3-way handshake or not?  if
> so, how is the process?
>            without TOR, I think the the end of 3-way handshake will
> trigger that the client send the HTTP GET
>            with TOR, what will trigger the sending of  HTTP GET?

If the browser is using socks, it establishes a TCP connection to the
Tor client, sends a socks request that contains the destination address,
(optionally) waits for the Tor client to confirm with a socks reply that
the connection to the destination has been established and sends the
HTTP request on the same connection.

The DNS resolution is transparent to the browser.

The details are described in RFC 1928 and the documentation
on the Tor website.

Fabian