Re: [tor-talk] howto: Raspberry Pi as transparent tor proxy

Sven Wolf:
> Hi adrelanos,
>
> I've done some tests again:
>
> about 1 MB/s over the lan interface, cpu load about 50%, copied via scp
> (filesize 700 mb)
> about 1 MB/s over the wireless usb interface, cpu load about 70%, copied
> via scp (filesize 700 mb)

Thanks for testing!

This is not bad, but also not good. I guess it will limit network/Tor
speed to 0,5 MB/s. (I think to remember the RP internal lan port was
internally also connected by USB. So they have to share the 1 MB  if
both directions are used. Let's see if cpu would limit it further.)

Using the RP for a big hidden service will be too slow. This may still
be be okay and useful for many users.