Re: [tor-talk] panopticlick data

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 13:43:10 +0000, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> I believe in same TBB version (maybe the same in many versions) they
> spoof the useragent & time zone, but wouldn't differences in screen
> sizes & color bit ALONE, among a few users on one entry / exit
> combination, at a given moment be enough to fingerprint one user?

Fingerprinting isn't about identifying the same session (there are
cookies for that), but about recognizing you on your next visit when
you come from a different IP/exit (or even the same)

Screen/Window size spoofing is pointless as there are many ways of finding
out the actual window size. And colors are pretty much always 24bit anyway.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>