Re: [tor-talk] Tor Weekly News â October 2nd, 2013

On 10/2/2013 7:00 AM, harmony wrote:
Tor Weekly News                                        October 2nd, 2013

On September 28th, Mike Perry released the fourth alpha of the new Tor
Browser Bundle 3.0 series [1].... It also fixes a fingerprinting issue
by randomizing the TIMESTAMP sent when establishing an HTTPS connection.

Why limit the randomization of browser characteristics or other data to just the timestamp?

Why not randomize certain other data or browser characteristics (that wouldn't break functionality)? This goes back to my post containing the concept of it being easier to achieve chaos than perfection.

I'm not sure what would / wouldn't surely break some functionality; but things like user agent (or parts of it); time zone; randomly spoofing system fonts, even w/ Flash & Java disabled, etc. Or other things that are easy to randomize & aren't likely to break functionality.