Re: [tor-talk] Silk Road taken down by FBI

Not necessarily, as long VPN provider doesn't keep logs of your traffic. Like for instance, Phantom Peer works wonderfully since you can use bitcoin for their service.

Create a different username that's wouldn't link back to you. :)

---- Original Message ----
 From: "Jerzy Åogiewa"
 To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Fri, Oct 4, 2013, 11:26 AM
 Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Silk Road taken down by FBI
Why use VPN at all? Isnt VPN some strange problem? So strange: people keep using the VPN service, but i guess Tor does it better?

--
Jerzy Åogiewa -- jerzyma@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:jerzyma@xxxxxxxxxx)

On Oct 4, 2013, at 6:09 PM, shadowOps07 wrote:

As for VPN, I know several VPN doesn't keep logs at all regardless if they
were subpoenaed or not. And of course, IP is not always static which is a
good thing. And most of the virtual server is located outside of US. When
paying for service, they only accept bitcoin that couldn't be traced back
to me which is a good thing. Of course, USE FAKE EMAIL, and use a different
username.