Re: [tor-talk] Stop pushing stackexchange in every thread

* on the Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:31:08AM +0000, mirimir wrote:

>>> Better would be creating questions on https://tor.stackexchange.com/ :)
>>
>> So? Have you, personally, made the decision that the mailing list is now
>> deprecated in favor of whatever stackexchange thingie of the day? Have there
>> been any discussion and consensus about this? What about those of us who
>> couldn't care less about some stackexchange, guess we should just unsubscribe,
>> since the mailing list is now apparently closing down anyways?
>
> No, there's no consensus. It didn't occur to me to ask for one.
>
> I've just personally decided to point people at
> https://tor.stackexchange.com/. And you can just ignore me.

I've just personally decided to leave answers on every tor.stackexchange
question pointing people to the tor-talk mailing list. And you can just
ignore me. Well, I haven't, but you get the idea.

I think that pointing people to questions which already have answers
on StackExchange is a good idea as it helps to reduce duplicated effort.
I think that redirecting relevant discussion off-list is a very bad
idea. StackExchange should be used as a knowledge base, not as a
replacement for the mailing list.

> But I am open to guidance from other list members. And I'll post a
> question in http://meta.tor.stackexchange.com/.

That discussion belongs here, not on StackExchange.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F