Re: [tor-talk] Silk Road taken down by FBI

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 02:36:20 +0000
mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> Still, if one uses nested VPN tunnels from multiple providers in
> suitably chosen spheres of influence, it will be nontrivial for
> adversaries to install enough taps. Going through China, for example,
> would be a serious roadblock for US-aligned TLAs. Even with four
> nested VPN tunnels, latency and bandwidth are far better than using
> Tor.
>
> Finally, it's not either/or. It's easy to include Tor in nested VPN
> configurations. Latency is typically over two seconds, but bandwidth
> is adequate, especially for UDP traffic.

Forgive me, I'm not sure I understand this. Could you elaborate please
on the nesting of the VPN tunnels with Tor? Since Tor does not
(currently) support UDP, what architectural model do you have in mind?
(e.g. openVPN tunnelled through openVPN to a Tor guard entry?)

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net