Re: [tor-talk] best distro to use Tor

Anthony G. Basile:
> On 10/05/2013 11:21 PM, grarpamp wrote:
>> While everyone runs on about this or that Linux distro,
>> don't forget there are very good Unix'es to be found in
>> both FreeBSD and OpenBSD. Unlike the typical Linux
>> distro, BSD doesn't have layer upon layer of system to
>> user abstraction and bling. Their model is central and
>> simple. If you're tired of dealing with distro of the day
>> and the Linux s/n ratio, and want something stable and
>> secure and focused... give them a look.
>>
>> I'd never use Ubuntu, maybe Debian or likely Arch.
>> I don't really have time for them, BSD just works.
>>

> Is there a BSD based liveCD desktop?

OpenBSD is often hyped for being a secure operating system. Mindless
repeating that claim won't make it actually any better. I am waiting for
someone to seriously compare security features of operating systems.

For example, does OpenBSD's package manager the TUF threat model [1]?
Last time I checked, it by default did not. Which means, any man in the
middle can feed malicious updates.

[1] https://www.updateframework.com/projects/project/wiki/Docs/Security