Re: [tor-talk] still unable to reach StartPage or Ixquick

Am 8. Oktober 2013 19:36:39 schrieb Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx>:

On 10/8/2013 12:13 AM, krishna e bera wrote:
> On 13-10-07 11:44 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
>> Yes, the pages are timing out - immediately, repeatedly, spread out
>> dozenS of times over a week.  Also happening on DDG.  I would've used
>> dozens of circuits & new identities.  Some were U.S. exit relays.   The
>> only way I know of that could happen, is if the site's down (They aren't
>> for regular Fx), or if they're blocking Tor traffic.  Or something's
>> interfering w/ TBB getting to them.   DDG has also been unreachable w/
>> TBB.  The newer 0.2.3.25-13 has the same issue.
>>
>> Either it's not happening to that many TBB users, or;
>> Not that many actually use Startpage / Ixquick;
>> Other than you, list users are too busy to reply a "works for me," or
>> "same problem here."
> I just tried Startpage and DDG - both worked.
> The exit node chosen (by TBB) was 171.25.193.131
> The TBB version is
> tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.3.25-11-dev-en-US.tar.gz
> It isnt prompting me to get a newer one, so i havent.
>
> Should this be handled via trac?
> I see a few tickets relating to Startpage, but nothing that says it isnt
> responding.  9186, 9117, 9101, 7258 8839(dup?).

Thanks for checking. BTW, d/l page says this is latest ver: /Version 2.3.25-13 - Linux, BSD, and Unix/ . Don't wind up like some silk road users - who had an old TBB version. :)

It could be a Windows TBB issue, or I could be incredibly unlucky that many dozens of exit relays, all happen to be blacklisted by Ixquick, Startpage & DDG. Not likely. Now, CAN'T connect to Google search (most of time; not tried that much), nor Wikipedia. Connections on all "fail" in 1 or 2 seconds. I CAN connect to all other TBB included search engines. No problem w/ most other sites.

Just now, it used a U.S. exit, but wouldn't connect (didn't copy the address, but one of MANY dozens over last week or so), .

Since it STARTED happening - suddenly, in WINDOWS TBB 2.3.25-12 - where it worked fine for weeks, haven't connected to Startpage / Ixquick a single time. It "times out" IMMEDIATELY. Doesn't even "think about it." Dozens of sessions, new identities, many dozens of exit relays. Same results w/ newest Windows 2.3.25-13 w/ CLEAN profile & nothing added that didn't come in the bundle.

The odds of ALL those exit relay addresses being blacklisted are very unlikely. But, since no others using Windows TBB 2.3.25-x have replied, no idea.
Could try a 2.4.x or 3.0 version, just to test this one problem.

Orbot/orweb Combo seems to not have problems accessing the sites.

Gesendet mit AquaMail fÃr Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com