Re: [tor-talk] Tor Weekly News â October 9th, 2013

--On Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:13 AM +0200 Eugen Leitl
<eugen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 07:32:35PM -0300, Juan Garofalo wrote:
>
>> 	Why hasn't Snowden published all the stuff he got from the NSA
>> nazis? Why hasn't he uploaded it to wikileaks for instance? Or
>> torrented it?
>
> He seems to believe in responsive disclosure (Cablegate set a few
> ops in the field scrambling overnight), but he also purportedly
> posted large torrents of insurance, with presumably a dead man
> switch to release the key to access it.
>
> I'm personally increasingly dissatisfied with some of redacting, done
> by increasing pressure upon the persons processing the information
> for release. On the other hand, the staged release is exactly right
> to keep the attention-deficient world engaged.

	The staged release may be a good idea, but have they got the timing right?

	this article is dated June 6

	http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order

	that was 4 months ago. How many articles have they published since then?
Actually, if the assumption is that people have a short attention span,
then they should be publishing interesting stuff as frequently as possible?

> I hope somebody is busily minting a Golden Leaker medal for Snowden,
> and the others that will come after him (and against greater odds).

	Certainly, Snowden paid a heavy price for doing the right thing and
deserves recognition.