Re: [tor-talk] What are some free and private email providers?

I was also left hanging when tormail shut down. I've found one that meets my needs. Based in Switzerland. It is Tor-friendly for both signups and webmail. Has both an onion hidden address, http://bitmailendavkbec.onion, and an open address, bitmessage.ch. Free. The only drawback is that you have to accept an assigned username that is a long string of random characters.

Another possibility is URSSMail http://urssmail.org/ http://f3ljvgyyujmnfhvi.onion. Based in Russia and Brazil. Neither are very friendly to the NSA. It seems to have some problems currently. I thought I had created an account, but then I couldn't log into it. But it lets you assign your own username, and is free, although BTC donations are requested. As I write, the hidden service is down.