Re: [tor-talk] TBB and tor-relays as a bitcoin wallets

Also, Bitcoin is not anonymous [1].  So while relays are public, generally
the Tor clients take great pains to not disclose their identities.  If
clients starting tipping relays, to their relay public key, a good attacker
would guess would be that a Tor client used that relay.  Then I think some
linkage attacks would be possible.

Also, and I think this was discussed on this list before, offering payment
may actually decrease the number of volunteers [2].

I was initially interested in researching a technical way to offer payments
to relays by the clients joining a mining pool and somehow paying the relay
from the pool (something like ring signatures).  But there is a lot of
technical complexity linking these two systems.   Also, as evidenced by
Roman's email and [2], this may shift social behaviors in the Tor network
for the worse.

Josh

[1]
http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com/2011/07/bitcoin-is-not-anonymous.html