Re: [tor-talk] VOIP and tor

On 13-10-23 01:53 PM, Andrew F wrote:
> Andrea,
> This sets a terrible precedence. I would hate for other jurisdictions to
> move in this direction.
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Andrea Shepard <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>> they
>>>
>>> Oh, there are legislations where it is illegal to stream
>>> to more than N clients at the same time without a permit.
>>>
>>> FOr Germany, N = 10000 AFAIR.
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>
>> Wow, that is absolutely horrifying.

This persecution has been going on for decades.  I am surprised you have
not heard about the "intellectual property" protection racket that is
implemented in international treaties and corresponding national laws...
Tor cannot win such a war with technical means - almost all ISPs fold
under pressure and shut down relays that offend the monopoly holders.