Re: [tor-talk] VOIP and tor

As far as i'm aware there are few voice & text language
physical-machine based translator, that can convert language, and
then speak it out with another speakers voice in another language.

That is what VoIP software over Tor needs to use and implement.

For live person to person discussion or talk:

Delay is of less importance (that is 2nd or later priority).
Anonymity is of more importance (that is, first priority).

User voice has biological marks/fingerprints.

A user's own voice should not be broadcasted/sent to other side.

Both/all side MUST do similar to this (when using Tor):

VoIP software -> voice -> convert voice2text -> text -> sent to
other side, over encrypted tunnel ->
text2voice(use_profile_male_John) -> voice.

Such VoIP client need to have practice+correction+train MODE.  So
users can SPEAK various things and REPLAY it, by choosing one out of
different common audio-profiles, like John, Jane, etc, to hear and
test what other side will hear.  Then use it for conversation.

And it will also be nice to have speech variation even for single
profile, like John.  Then more than one person can use such for
GROUP DISCUSSION purpose, instead of (two-party) TALK/DISCUSSION.

This idea came from practical use case description from another
user: that user has sent his/her TYPED-IN text in a Text2Speech free
software, that software SPEAKED/PLAYED those typed text out load,
and software was configured to use specific output audio channel,
that audio channel was used as input for VoIP software to travel
over Tor, for that communication, (initially VPN was used, but
later) SSH ethernet tunnel was used and worked.

- -- Bright Star.
Oct 23, 2013.

Received from Mirimir, on 2013-10-22 11:08 PM: