Re: [tor-talk] what about bad people they are using tor ....

yes they have allot of good usage data tied to political and social change and censorship methods.

in other videos too i believe. if you have time keep obtaining the vidoes and watching if you can.

you'll learn allot.  don't be afraid of "hacker" conference videos on tor.   lots of good tor stuff by roger dingledine and some with both RD and jacob appelbuam.

 those talks are a treasure trove even if they look dated at first glance.  i find allot of my questions taken care of in them regarding various decisions and "Why" tor does things the way they do.

very valuable because this is real world empirical knowledge as the Tor Project has had to adapt to changes and maintain their goals in spite of ill-informed attacks on the project.  no fluff.

anonymity is key of course so Tor will follow safe use guidelines when gathering statistics.

guidelines as per 2010 published in the article you liked.  glad it was helpful.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1894882

a tor-talk poster posted some stats. i'm not sure about the background conditions but they list top 50 destinations.  i don't know if that is of use to you.

http://lwcl5doqq2uzjmom.onion/images/Top-50-Websites-Snapshots-via-Tor-Size-Statistics.png

post source with comments see