Re: [tor-talk] How does Tor help abuse victims?

On 10/7/14, garyr22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <garyr22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason people find problems with Tor is because the importance of
> privacy is hidden in a mystery. Most people don't understand the reason Tor
> exist so, how can they judge it?

Ack!

And unfortunately some people get defensive about privacy - as though
we don't have the right to privacy (in general), just as some people
say road tolls, having to pay to travel on public roads, is somehow
not related to our right to travel, or that our right to travel freely
does not exist.

"I don't have to be doing anything wrong to want my privacy."

99 instances of individual abuse of a right, in no way removes the right!

The right is inalienable ...

> The problem is that it's easier to focus on
> evil than it is to focus on good. The good Tor offers is much weightier than
> the bad. The good is harder to see because it's not as tangible as the bad.
> For those that understand the details behind the importance of privacy, the
> good is much weightier than the bad. This is just a matter of truly
> understanding the problem Tor was designed to handle. Can the people finding
> problems with Tor correctly describe problem Tor was designed to handle?

Ack, ack, and ack again.

--
Banned for life from Debian, for suggesting Debian's CoC
is being swung in our faces a little too vigorously.