Re: [tor-talk] Double-checking a couple questions about node churn rate

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Karsten Loesing <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/10/14 00:57, Jeremy Gillula wrote:
>> 1. Does anyone have an idea of what the usual churn rate is for Tor
>> nodes? (I'm guessing fairly low for most nodes, but if anyone has even
>> rough numbers, that would help...)
>
> As one random starting point for your research, take a look at Figure
> 4.5 on page 83 (page 106 in the PDF, 2.9M):
>
> http://freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/loesing2009thesis.pdf
> If you want to do some more analysis, fetch the latest consensus
> tarball(s) and write a script that compares contained fingerprints ("r"
> lines) for the churn question
>
> https://collector.torproject.org/archive/relay-descriptors/consensuses/

Not an answer, yet maybe within the last few months I did post some
churn questions that could be answered by whoever likes to do churn
research. I don't have the link handy but probably used 'churn' or
'turnover' in it. I think someone else added a couple more questions.