Re: [tor-talk] Tor Relay Smartphone App

I just thought of an additional perk: The custom distro could blacklist
known-bad hardware. Some random linux user will probably be pretty annoyed
if their computer doesn't work when they just want to do some non-sensitive
task, but someone installing the Tor custom distro would probably be happy
to be presented with a message like "I think your hardware or firmware is
compromised with a backdoor or surveillance mechanism. <insert identifying
information of device>. Please rip it out, stomp on it, put in a new
component from a different vendor, and reboot. Don't worry user, it isn't
your fault, the internet still loves you."