Re: [tor-talk] Double-checking a couple questions about node churn rate

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 03:57:46PM -0700, Jeremy Gillula wrote:
> 1. Does anyone have an idea of what the usual churn rate is for Tor
> nodes? (I'm guessing fairly low for most nodes, but if anyone has even
> rough numbers, that would help...)

I'm late to the party but the following might also be helpful:
<https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/papers/Winter.pdf> Section 5.7.
<http://www.cs.unm.edu/~royaen/gfw/techreport.pdf> Section IV.A.
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/12813>

Interestingly, there is a non-trivial number of relays (identified by
fingerprint) which can only be seen in one consensus, i.e., they are
only part of the network for one hour.

Cheers,
Philipp