Re: [tor-talk] Tor exit node issues

On 10/01/2015 08:55 PM, CJ wrote:
> I'm wondering if I could configure an exit proxy between my exit node
> and the clear net in order to deny accesses to specific URL parts,
> like "wp-login.php" and other well-known stuff.

No, this is not possible in any useful way, sorry. You will mess with
user traffic, which is something you should never do. It will break
stuff for regular users. I strongly advise against this, and if it is
detected your relay will be blacklisted for exiting. Also, you might
open yourself to severe liability issues if you modify or influence
forwarded traffic. As an example, Â512 of the US DMCA law only applies
if "[...] the transmission, routing, provision of connections, or
storage is carried out through an automatic technical process without
selection of the material by the service provider" and "the material is
transmitted through the system or network without modification of its
content" [1]. Similar passages exist in any country where I have looked
at the laws, including all of European Union through 'harmonization' of
each countries laws to meet the requirements of the respective EU
directive [2]. The relevant laws of several countries are linked in the
"Tor Exit Guidelines" (please add more countries). [3]

What you should do instead is convince your ISP to have you listed as
the abuse contact for the IP address so you don't add to their workload.
Some ISPs have written scripts that forward abuse complaints to their
customers automatically based on custom IP addresses mentioned in the mails.

[1] https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512
[2]
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32000L0031:En:HTML
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines