Re: [tor-talk] Get Tor bridge via python code

> The reason for this is because if an API were available for this then it
would need to support CAPTCHA-like (proof-of-humanity) functionality

The captcha on bridges.torproject.org isn't so much as proof of humanity,
as proof of humanity with absolutely impeccable eyesight. Either those
things are even harder to read than they appear, or cloudflare have given
someone at the Tor project stockholm syndrome with their own captchas.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 02:52:33PM +0330, Farbod Ahmadian wrote:
> > Hello every one:
> > How can i get tor bridges via a python code?
> > I mean i run the python code and it give me my bridges.
> > Thank you :)
>
> Hi Farod,
>
> Sadly no, you can not retrieve bridges easily using a python script. The
> website (https://bridges.torproject.org) and email
> (bridges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) are the only two available methods. The
> reason for this is because if an API were available for this then it would
> need to support CAPTCHA-like (proof-of-humanity) functionality, and there
> was not an easy way to implement this - nor was there any need because no
> one had previously requested it. Without some sort of CAPTCHA it would
> be extremely easy for anyone to retrieve all available bridges and then
> block their IP addresses - thus making the bridges useless.
>
> - Matt
> --

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk