Re: [tor-talk] Freedombox Halloween Hackathon

Thats great! People should be in our IRC channel. See
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ for channel details

Would really like the option to route all traffic going through the
Freedombox wireless connection through Tor automatically. DNS is so leaky.

-Marc

On 10/30/2015 10:53 AM, Flipchan wrote:
> Sounds great any code challanges i and others can join remotely ?:)(would be fun to come But i personally cant come to ny )
> Take care
>
> Marc Jones <mjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev: (30 oktober 2015 13:07:02 CET)
>> Dear Tor community,
>>
>> If there is anyone in the NYC area, the FreedomBox Foundation is
>> holding
>> a hackathon this Saturday, October 31st. We would love it if some
>> people
>>from the Tor community dropped by. We have integrated tor services into
>> Freedomboxes, but we are trying to build personal server/wireless
>> router
>> that makes existing software like Tor as easy to use as possible while
>> still using it in a secure fashion. Feedback and contributors on how to
>> improve our Tor integration would be very appreciated!
>>
>> Hope to see some off you Saturday!
>>
>> -Marc
>>

>> FreedomBox Halloween Hack-a-thon
>>
>> The FreedomBox Foundation [1][2] is hosting a Halloween hack-a-thon on
>> Saturday October 31st at the offices of the Software Freedom Law Center
>> [3] from 10 am to 6 pm, near Lincoln Center in New York City. New and
>> existing contributors will be getting together to work on our
>> Debian-based privacy-respecting self-hosting software suite and
>> wireless
>> router.
>>
>> Members of the FreedomBox core development team will be on hand to help
>> new contributors get involved and to get some actual work done! We are
>> going to be talking about:
>> * how to use a FreedomBox as a secure home router;
>> * using existing Debian packages to integrate them into FreedomBoxes;
>> * integrating in a secure decentralized social network;
>> * replacing passwords with an integrated authentication system based on
>> PGP;
>>
>> We live in a world where our use of the network is mediated by
>> organizations that often do not have our best interests at heart. To
>> regain control of our privacy, the FreedomBox
>> (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/) project is building an integrated
>> suite of software that does not rely on centralized services. Of course
>> much of this software already exists. We are hacking, tweaking, and
>> molding it into a easy to use software suite so everyone can regain
>> control of their privacy by running a FreedomBox at home.
>>
>> Bring yourselves, your ideas, your PGP keys, and your Raspberry Pis (or
>> other device you want to try FreedomBox on!) We will bring the pizza,
>> over-caffeinated soda, and Halloween candy.
>>

>> Time: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, October 31st, 2015
>> Location: Software Freedom Law Center,
>> 1995 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY
>>
>> To let us know you are coming so we can be sure to order enough food
> [...]

Marc Jones
Counsel