Re: [tor-talk] Tor and macOS Sierra

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 06:39:03PM +0200, tortalk@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks, Flipchan! Nope, as far as I can see, I am not running
> anything else on that port...
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/212d2xc/9
>
> Still "could not connect to Tor control port"...
>
> Any idea?

It is possible you are hitting
which is an underlying Tor bug:

I think that bug would bite users of the experimental Tor Browser 6.5a3
on Sierra, but should not bite users of the stable Tor Browser 6.0.5.

(I fear the tor-talk mailing list is a poor forum for back-and-forth
debugging of your particular software set-up though. So if "try the
stable" doesn't help, asking on irc is probably more effective than a
big thread here.)

--Roger