Re: Funning log entry...

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:08:20AM -0600, Eugene Armstead wrote:

> I was looking at my logs today, and there was an entry from last night
> that rather disturbs me, here it is:
>
> Sep 29 22:30:15.175 [err] d:\documents and settings\nickm\my
> documents\tor\src\or\circuitbuild.c:1081: ???: Assertion r failed; aborting.
>
> What's really baking my noodle is the fact that I have no user "nickm"
> on my machine, and I'm not too happy with the idea of Tor looking for
> stuff on my machine that's not in the config file.

Tor isn't looking for stuff in "documents and settings\nickm" on your
machine; it is complaining that it found a bug in a part of the
program that was in that directory on my machine when _I_ compiled it.
No need to worry about that.

As for the actual bug--- I'll try to figure out what's up with that.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson
(PGP key changed on 15Aug2004; see http://wangafu.net/key.txt)