Re: Wikipedia & Tor

On 9/27/05, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I've been content to wait and watch things progress. Perhaps we will
> find a volunteer who wants to help hack the mediawiki codebase to be more
> authentication-friendly (or have more powerful blocking config options).

(Just a forward for people trying to follow the various thread on this)

See my post as of a few minutes ago, in short: I've already done this.
The patch was far from perfect but (despite several people pushing it)
there has been no reply from any of the MediaWiki people about it.
This doesn't bother me, but it certainly doesn't motivate anyone who
might be considering coding solutions up for MediaWiki.

AGL

--
Adam Langley                                      agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       (+44) (0)7906 332512