An observation

This incident in germany just highlights something which I think that I
would like to raise to the forefront of the tor community's mind, and in
fact perhaps this would be well advanced in the entire open source
community as a whole.

This is a war. We are fighting at the highest level, and this project
itself represents the ultimate counterattack to surveillance, and
surveillance being the highest level of military strategic processes.

All i want to say, after that sort of heavy statement is: tor server
operators should not expect to be free of injury from this battle we all
are engaged in.

Having said that, it is a war worth fighting.

We are fighting on the side of peace. Our cause is in the name of the
defeat of all methods of fighting war at the top level. If they cannot
surveil the enemy, they cannot establish adequate strategy. This means
any potential warmonger. It does not matter what you think your ideology
is, tor is at the top of the heap of defensive weapons. The more
citizens chose to adopt this defense the less capability any military
organisation has of determining a strategy. Without an effective stategy
they will not chose the right course of action and the wrong course of
action in military strategy leads to political disgrace.

Yes, it makes tor a political target. But we all knew that it would be,
and here is proof.

Don't take it lightly. Tor is not just idealism, it is offensive to the
most central power of oppression. It is ironic that this all emerged
from the most submerged of military cultures, ultimately, but they put
it out there, the people who started this obviously realised what they
were doing.

There is nothing more powerful in war than evasion. Surrender is weak
compared to running away. If you can remain out of the crosshairs, you
live to fight another day. Fostering this technology is helping people
escape.

I salute you!

:)